How to Post on The Living Principles
Are you a creative professional with an interest in sustainability and social responsibility? We encourage you to use The Living Principles as a platform to share your writing, images, and videos on these topics. Students learning through doing, graphic designers driving change, architects who build better, industrial designers rethinking product and process, journalists, MBAs, marketing pros and sustainability newbies from every discipline – we want to hear your point of view!
Posting is simple:
1) Click the orange “Post” button on the left side of the home page.
2) If you are not a member, follow the directions to join The Living Principles. (It’s free!) An account activation link will be sent to your email address.
3) Once you have confirmed your membership, select the type of piece you would like to post: Features, Talks, Events, or Books/Films. You can read descriptions for each of these categories here.
4) Enter your content in the post field just as you would in any blogging or word-processing program. Make sure you have a title for your piece. Choose a 530-pixel-wide image to use as the thumbnail. (Make sure you have image usage rights.) You can upload it by clicking the second orange button at the bottom of the page.
5) Click the “Post” button at the bottom of the page, and you’re done.
Please do share your new Living Principles post through Facebook, Twitter, and other social media–let your friends know what you’re saying on the LP!
Want to contribute to the Living Principles, but don’t have time to create a longer post? Here are five quick and easy actions you can take:
- Add a comment: This is one of the best things you can do—just hop on the site and respond to stories you like. We’d like to foster as much discussion as possible around Living Principles posts.
- Post a video: The “Talks” category of posts is a really simple way to upload a video you like. Just add the embed code for the video in the window provided, and you’re on your way!
- Add a Quick Link: If you have a great article or something else you’d like to share briefly, you can add a link on the right-hand side of the page. The more new Quick Links we have, the better!
- Share and respond to LP stories on social media: Share LP links, “like” Living Principles stories on Facebook, follow and retweet @LPforDesign, and add @LPforDesign to your tweets—help us get the word out.
- Re-post something you’ve already written: As long as you have the rights to it, and it’s appropriate for the site, we’d be happy to have you repost a previously published piece on the LP.
Thank you for posting on The Living Principles. We can’t wait to hear from you!